Beginner’s Guide to US Passport Photos
US passport photos are an important item you need to obtain if you want to apply for a passport. Without this item, you cannot apply for your federal ID. There are certain requirements your US passport photo needs to meet to be accepted. These images need to be uniform or you cannot include them in your passport application.
You may be wondering, “Where can I get a passport photo?” You may also be wondering about how you can obtain cheap passport photos near you. Obtaining these images is one of the first tasks you need to complete before you apply for your credential. It is important that you know how to obtain these pictures so you can begin the process of applying for your document.
Where can I get passport photos near me?
There are many places you can go to get your US passport photo taken. Sometimes, these services are offered in places where you can also apply for your document. For example, you can purchase post office passport photos and also submit your DS-11 application there. However, you could also obtain your pictures from a different location. Remember:
- You can obtain a Walgreens passport photo if one of these facilities are near you.
- CVS passport photo services may be available at your local pharmacy.
- If you have a membership, you can pay for Costco passport photo services at your store.
- Walmart passport photo opportunities could also be provided at your local center.
Generally, you can also go to these facilities and print a passport photo if you took one yourself. However, there are many benefits to using a professional service to help you obtain your image. For example, the workers at these locations know exactly what passport size photo you need. If you obtain your picture on your own, you may have difficulty making sure it is the right size.
US Passport Photo Requirements
There are certain passport photo rules your image needs to meet. These criteria relate to:
- Age. Your picture must have been taken within the past six months.
- Background. You must be positioned in front of a white or off-white background.
- Paper quality. The passport photo you use must be printed on glossy or matte paper.
- Size. US passport photo size is important. Your picture can only be used if it is 2 x 2 inches.
Additionally, remember that your passport photos need to meet certain requirements. For example:
- You cannot wear glasses.
- Your clothes must be in a style you usually wear.
- You must be facing forward.
- You cannot wear glasses or headwear, unless you have a note explaining why it is necessary for medical or religious reasons.
How much do passport photos cost?
The passport photo cost you are expected to pay depends on where you get your picture taken. Different facilities are responsible for setting their own prices.